What Opportunities are Available?
Tapestry currently has the following programs available:
- Foster Care Treatment Program Intern – Join our dynamic foster care program and immerse yourself into the legal and clinical world of foster care.
- Child Abuse Treatment Program (CHAT) Intern – Join our newest grant-funded program which allows Tapestry to provide therapeutic services to child victims and works directly with Victim Witness.
- General Treatment Program Intern – Join Tapestry Family Services and dip your feet into each of the various programs that we offer.
What Can I Expect from Tapestry Family Services?
- Opportunities to learn about systems that surround mental health and foster care services for children.
- Opportunities to observe and learn about a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- A work environment that is challenging, yet fun, supportive and development-oriented.
- Daily access to supervision, whether clinical or task-related from Licensed and Waivered Clinicians.
- Extensive training opportunities in clinical, administrative, and foster departments.
- Timely evaluations and collaboration with the work experience requirements necessitated by Mendocino College.
- A solid path towards meeting your learning objectives and progressive learning plan.
What Does Tapestry Family Services Expect from Me?
- A willingness to learn and develop professionally and personally.
- Commitment to fulfilling agreements regarding availability and dependability.
- Interpersonal skills both with colleagues, staff, and clients an families.
- Ability to ask questions.
- A desire to work with disadvantaged youth, adolescents, and families.
- A commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
Tapestry’s Student Intern/Trainee & Volunteer Program is not limited to Mendocino College students. Positions are also available to all volunteers interested working in the field, Clinical Trainees (Marriage & Family Therapy, Social Work, Clinical Psychology, etc.) as a part of their requirements for their educational practicum, and/or to accrue post-degree hours of supervised experience towards the licensing requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Student Intern/Trainee or Volunteer, please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application to email@example.com, or call (707) 463-3300 and ask for Amanda Pantaleón.