Tapestry Family Services is a full-service resource family agency (RFA)/foster family agency established to serve children with varying levels of need. The care of the children is provided in family homes by specially trained foster families.
Levels of Foster Care:
- Foster Care for children with emotional and behavioral challenges common to children in foster care. (22 hrs training)
- Intensive Services/Therapeutic Foster Care (ISFC) for children with more extensive emotional and behavioral challenges. (60 hrs)
Tapestry Family Services understands the enormous responsibility of resource parenting. As our name implies, Tapestry’s programs are designed to weave an array of individualized services around each child and resource family.
Tapestry works diligently to appropriately match foster children with resource families; our programs are designed to support children and resource parents in order to create SUCCESSFUL placements.
Tapestry offers a team approach in the care and nurturing of children – our resource parents participate as respected members of our treatment team.
As members of Tapestry’s professional team, resource families are provided with a variety of supports to assist with the care of the children, including high levels of training and support for foster, adoptive, and birth families; mental health services for children and families; contracted psychiatric services; medication management as needed; 24 hour on-call support, transportation support, and other services.
Respite care is the temporary care of children in Tapestry’s foster care program, from a few hours to a few days. Resource parents may use up to 72 hours of respite care each month for each foster child.
Respite care gives resource families and foster children a break away from each other.
Respite care provides an opportunity for resource families to learn effective ways to work with and help foster children.
Qualifications for Respite Providers
Requirements for respite providers are the same as those for resource families.
- Typical requests are on weekends for 24 to 72 hours at a time, one to three times per month.
- We try to match children with regular respite providers to provide consistency.
- Respite providers may accept or refuse requests, based on their schedules and preferences.
Benefits of Being a Respite Provider
- Respite care is a great way to help you decide if you want to become a full-time resource parent.
- There is no long-term commitment. You decide how often you are available to help.
- You’ll receive a tax-free stipend to cover basic needs, activity expenses, and your time.
- You’ll get to know and help some terrific kids.
Foster Care Payment Rates
The rates listed below represent the monthly stipend provided to the Resource Family for the care of a child. Foster Care payments are fax-free as they are strictly a reimbursement for care and NOT considered an income.
Intensive Services Foster Care Rates (Therapeutic)
|Monthly Rate||$ 2,763|
Regular Treatment Foster Care Rates
|Level of Care||Basic Level||LOC2||LOC3||LOC4|
|Monthly Rate||$ 1059||$ 1177||$ 1298||$ 1416|
Rates Eff 7/1/20
In addition to the monthly stipend, Tapestry foster families receive:
- Mileage reimbursement of 50 cents per mile for specified travel.
- Up to 72 hours per month of respite care, if needed.
- Clothing Allowance issued annually ranging from $125.50 – $235 (amount based upon age)